REST products are made in the USA.
Given a choice between a product made in the U.S. and an identical one made abroad, 78 percent of Americans would rather buy the American product, according to a new nationally representative survey by the Consumer Reports National Research Center.
More than 80 percent of those people cited retaining manufacturing jobs and keeping American manufacturing strong in the global economy as very important reasons for buying American. About 60 percent cited concern about the use of child workers or other cheap labor overseas, or stated that American-made goods were of higher quality and would pay extra to buy American.
Clearly, most Americans want to know where products are made and want to buy those that will help create or keep jobs in the U.S.—an attempt applauded by economists like Jeff Faux, a distinguished fellow of the nonprofit, nonpartisan Economic Policy Institute, in Washington, D.C. “Consumers need to understand that all jobs and wages are interconnected,” Faux told us. “When you buy foreign goods—and sometimes there’s no choice—it means that fewer U.S. workers will have the money to buy the goods and services you sell.”
Why buy American?
1. Jobs - Above all else, when you buy American you save or create AMERICAN JOBS! These are the jobs that
are at the foundation of our economy, and have unfortunately been moving overseas, but by buying American
you can help to reverse that trend.
2. Environmental - Many of the top countries where our goods come from have little or no regulations to protect
the environment, and the manufacturers have no regard for the earth and they pollute and abuse the soil, air, and
the water. When you buy American you know there are regulations in place to protect the environment so our
children can appreciate this beautiful country as much as we do.
3. Human Rights - The countries the United States import from often have nonexistent standards regular working
conditions. Many of the factories producing US bound goods are worse than our prisons, and filled with children
working extremely long days. No one wants to support that, and by buying American you know you aren't we
have regulations and agencies in this country to prevent those types of atrocities.
4. Democracy - Americans believe in and stand up for democracy whenever we can, and by choosing to buy
American you are supporting the ideals of democracy.
5. Conservation - When buying products that are produced overseas built into the price is the cost of shipping
that product all the way from that country to the United States, usually crossing the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.
This wastes an extremely large amount of petroleum and produces unnecessary emissions into the atmosphere.
6. Domino Effect - When you buy American that money stays in the United States. That money goes to pay the
wage of many people that are directly or indirectly responsible for creating your product. Each of them in turn
spends this money on goods (hopefully American made) and services, and the cycle continues. The more you
buy American, the more the economy is stimulated, and the more jobs are created. Plus, American workers pay
taxes on wages earned in America.
7. MORE JOBS - For every manufacturing job there are FIVE additional jobs created. Do the math. Dollar for
dollar it is a great investment in this amazing country!